Hotel & accommodation
The Annual Congress of the European Lubricants Industry 2017 will be held at the Royal Hotel Carlton Bologna on 25-27 October 2017
Royal Hotel Carlton Bologna
Via Montebello 8, 40121 Bologna, Italy
Main switchboard: +39 051 249 61
Please contact the hotel to book your accommodation at email@example.com and mention the reference UEIL Annual Congress
Superior room with view over the main railway station or courtyard:
- Superior Room - Single use: €139 (VAT and buffet breakfast included)
- Superior Room - Double use: €169 (VAT and buffet breakfast included)
Please note that UEIL is not responsible for hotel reservations. Please contact the hotel for further information.
The Royal Hotel Carlton is located in the center of Bologna, near the pedestrian area, and outside the restricted traffic zone, in walking distance from the railway station and Piazza Maggiore.
The railway station is just a stone’s throw away, and G. Marconi Airport is just a 6 km drive.
Transportation and Travel
- Taxi service: The taxi ranks at Marconi Airport can be found outside the arrivals hall. A journey to the city center will take about 10 - 15 minutes depending on traffic and costs about €15 - €20. It is recommended to only use the official Bologna Airport taxis, and not to accept services offered by individuals in the arrivals area. It can happen that you are approached by someone, and offered a cheaper taxi, but these drivers are often not licensed to operate from the airport, and many times their taxis are under insured. The official airport taxis will always be in the taxi rank, and their drivers wait by their vehicles. Bologna Taxis are usually white or yellow in color, and can be recognized by their ‘taxi’ sign on the roof. Taxis run on a metered system, and the taxi fares are therefore charged per distance traveled rather than by set fares, however, there may also be set fares to various popular destinations.
- Aerobus BLQ shuttle service: There is a special airport bus from Bologna Marconi Airport which takes you into the center of Bologna. It leaves every 15 minutes during the day from outside the arrivals hall. The first bus is at 5.30 am and the last one is at 01.15. The bus is called BLQ and is easily identified as it is grey and light blue in color as opposed to the orange urban buses. The fare from airport to the center is 6 euros per person and you can pay the driver directly on the bus. Although a ticket machine is situated at the bus stop it is not necessary to buy a ticket before you board. The journey from the airport to the railway station takes about 25-30 minutes, depending on the traffic. From the railway station to the Royal Carlton Hotel is a 5 minute walk.
It is advisable to enquire about visa and entry requirements before making your travel arrangements. For the latest information, visit http://vistoperitalia.esteri.it/home/en#BMTitolo .
The city hotel offers 236 rooms and suites featuring modern and comfortable facilities with views of the Chancellery, courtyard or railway station.
Recreation & Entertainment
- Equipped Fitness Facility
- Spa & Wellness Facilities
Features & Amenities
- Business Center
- E-mail & Internet
- Private Limousine rental
- Wireless Data Connection
- Daily Housekeeping
- Dry Cleaning Pickup/Laundry
- Concierge Services
- Dedicated Lounge (or 24 Hour Lounge)
- Safety Deposit Box
Hotel Restaurants & Bar
Enjoy an Italian and international cuisine in the elegant Neoclassico Restaurant or have a drink at the Planetario Bar & Lounge. The bar is located near the lobby and offers space for networking in the foyer alcoves or a more relaxing environment in the gazebos overlooking the garden.